Friday, April 22, 2011

My favorite makeup products

About six months ago, I switched my make-up to MAC Cosmetics. I told the lady that I wanted eye shadow that lasted a longer time because my was always gone halfway through the day.  She recommended using Paint Pot in Soft Ochre as a base to help prevent caking and to help my eye makeup last.  I'm sure various brands have their own version of this but you can click on the photo below to visit MAC's website.

 

 The  key with this product is to apply enough to cover your eyelid +/- upper eyelid (depending on how you wear your eye shadow), but not to glob it on.  You also want to give it just a few seconds to dry, because it does have a creamy feel to it.  I LOVE this product and my eye shadow really does stay a lot longer than before.

Recently I noticed that my foundation wasn't going on a smooth as I liked.  I remember that the MAC lady had told me about primer but I didn't buy it at the time.  Primer helps to even out the skin and improve the laydown and application of foundation/powder.  So I went back to the mall and bought this...

I can definitely tell that this helps my makeup go on a lot smoother and I would recommend primer for anyone that has the same problem that I did.  You do have to let this 'dry' for a few seconds because it is like a silicone lotion.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday for my bridal portriats the lady used MAC makeup and I thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete